Rat infestation in a restaurant is simply frightening and can impact your business significantly. Nowadays, just one review on the internet can cause a possible permanent shut down of your business. Rats carry and transmit multiple serious diseases that have been proven fatal to human health. One single bite from food that was contaminated by a rat, can put your clients’ health at risk. Additionally, rat infestations are hard to deal with without the help of a professional pest control company. Contact our licensed technicians at the Rat Control Toronto Services, we possess the expertise, tools and products to professionally solve your problems in an effective way you also can read this article that provides information on how to get rid of mice in a restaurant as well as rat.
Handling a rat infestation by yourself, especially in a commercial setting, is definitely not recommended. If you want to know how to keep your restaurant mouse and rat free , you can use the following DIY solutions:
- Traps: There are different types of traps that you could choose from. You can purchase the classic snap traps or the live humane traps. Moreover, there are ways where you can create your own as well with some effort.
- Ultrasonic Rodent Repeller: Frequencies that are not audible to the human ears are emitted from this machine to repel rats. Unfortunately, scientists have suggested that this option can also harm humans and pets, even though it is not noticed instantly.
- Exterior Bait Stations: Rodenticides should never be used inside your restaurant. Make sure that the exterior bait stations products you are using are potent and effective, follow guidelines from the Ontario Ministry of the Environment and ensure that you are extremely familiar with the procedures that come with the installation of bait stations.
- Natural Repellents: Home remedies include solutions such as peppermint oil, cayenne or back pepper, moth balls, ammonia, bleach and many others. Sadly, the home remedies alone are not sufficient to eradicate your rat infestation.
- Sealing Entry Points: Inspecting your restaurant and making sure that cracks, gaps and holes are sealed properly will definitely minimize the possibility of additional rats invading your restaurant.
- Sealing Food in Containers: Restaurants obviously have various food boxes and packages around. Guess what? That is the reason why rats invade your property! Ensure that all your supplies are well sealed in robust containers.
- Disinfection: Sanitizing the kitchen area of your restaurant frequently makes total sense, since it is what really keeps your business up and running. Ensure you are regularly throwing food leftovers, dispose of your garbage on time and remove unused water sources.
- Decluttering: Rats use clutter as their hiding spots in your premises. By reducing clutter such as damaged items, redundant materials and cardboard boxes you discourage rats to be in your commercial spaces.
There are plenty of options to experiment with. But from our experience that we have got throughout the years, we feel that it is our responsibility to advise you that all home remedies and do-it-yourself solutions have a partial and temporary effect. Rats breed and reproduce at an exponential pace and within a short period of time where they can cause immense trouble. Considering that you are putting your reputation and business at risk with a rat infestation, we strongly recommend you to hire a professional pest control company immediately. Contact pest control company in Toronto for urgent assistance.