There are several types of cockroaches, but today we focus on the German cockroach scientifically known as Blattela germanica. The German cockroach is small in size and ranges from 1/2 inch to 5/8 inches long; its color ranges from brown to yellowish-brown, but a young cockroach has black stripes behind the head. German cockroaches are the most common pest cockroaches and are known for their ability to reproduce quickly. A single cockroach can produce 4 to 6 eggs cases in its lifetime; each egg case has about 30 to 40 eggs which hatch within 1 or 2 days. If you encounter even one German cockroach in your home we recommend calling cockroach control Toronto experts to get rid of them as quick as possible.
The German cockroach is an indoor pest that prefers warm and humid areas and is mostly found in apartments, supermarkets, restaurants, and food processing plants. Cockroaches nest and live in dark areas, like; kitchen cabinets, wooden boxes, under the sink and kitchen appliances and cardboard containers.
German cockroaches are very adaptable and can eat anything even soaps and toothpaste; however, they prefer to eat sweets and meat. These pests are also able to survive with small amounts of food like crumbs.
Signs of a German cockroach infestation.
- Droppings, the droppings are dark, small and “pepper-like,” the droppings can be found in drawers.
- Smell, when there are many German cockroaches they can produce distinctive “moldy odor.”
- Egg capsules, look out for empty egg cases as this is a sign that the cockroaches have hatched.
- Control and elimination of German cockroaches.
- Due to their ability to reproduce fast, German cockroaches need an application of the professional treatment to be controlled and eliminated. So by hiring a licensed and reputable exterminator will ensure that the pests are removed and eggs destroyed.
The importance of hiring a reputable exterminator.
- Safety, the professional exterminator uses harmless techniques to eliminate the cockroaches. The equipment and sprays used to warrant that only the cockroaches are eradicated, and there is no risk of poisoning.
- No recurrence, the professional exterminator can identify the root of the problem and deal with it; this ensures that cockroaches do not nest again and that no eggs are left to hatch.
- Hiring the reputable exterminator guarantees your household is clean and free from pests.
Cockroach identification is vital in the extermination of these annoying pests, and it is always advised to contact pest exterminators to deal with the infestation since they can check and identify the origin of the infestation to help you get a proper cockroach control solution. Just call us at 647-496-2211 if you need help.