Dealing With A Cockroach Infestation
Cockroaches can infest homes and get into your food. This can lead to a potentially dangerous situation and so it is important to take care of the problem as soon as possible. Managing cockroaches is never very easy but here are a few tips to help you out. Keep in mind that the most effective solution for cockroach control is to hire an exterminator.
The best way to deal with a cockroach infestation is to hire The Exterminators. We will treat the problem using the best tools and products available to licensed exterminators and will guarantee the extermination. There are however a few things you can do to help limit the problem. The first step is monitoring and verifying that indeed cockroaches are an issue.
Monitoring The Cockroach Problem
Using traps is definitely one of the best ways to monitor a cockroach population. Place traps in many different areas and inspect them regularly. This will help you realize exactly where the population is strongest. Sticky traps are available in most retail stores and they are very effective. The placement of traps is also very important. The best places are the junction of floors and walls. Also place them in areas where roaches have been spotted. Ensure that corners of rooms, refrigerators, and cabinets are also readied with traps. Checking the traps regularly will let you know where the maximum numbers of roaches have been caught.
- Sanitation: Cockroaches generally thrive when food and water is available to them freely. Even minuscule quantities are enough to be a good source of food. So you can take a few sanitation measures to ensure that food is not available in an easy manner:
- Use insect-proof plastic containers to store food. These can be easy obtained at any retail store.
- Garbage and trash should be kept in containers that are tightly-lidded. This will keep cockroaches out and prevent them from foraging for food there. Regularly get rid of trash, old newspapers, magazines and rags.
- Free moisture should be kept to a minimum. So ensure that all plumbing leaks are taken care of immediately. Good ventilation must be provided for the room in case condensation is a problem.
- Make sure that there are no food particles left in any cracks or crevices. For this, use a vacuum cleaner on the walls and corners. Make sure that all food and beverage spills are taken care of immediately.
- Removing Hiding places: During the day cockroaches seek out dark corners such as cupboards cracks, water heaters and crawl spaces. So you must make sure that access to these hiding spots is completely nullified near your living spaces. Hollow areas and cracks in walls are used by cockroaches to get inside the building structures. Use natural pesticides formulated for cockroach control and apply at all places from where the insects might be gaining entry.
Chemical insecticides: Insecticides are never a perfect solution to control cockroach infestation. However, and over time the insects become resistant to the chemical. Also, there is always the danger of it being accidentally ingested by humans. However careful application is advisable if the other measures mentioned above have been implemented already. Then the insecticide can act as a final touch that limits the cockroaches ability to re-invade.The problem is that cockroaches are resistant to most over the counter insecticides. That is why the best solution to the problem is to hire a professional exterminator. We have access to products that require a license to use and are very effective in combating cockroach problems.
Following the measures given here will definitely prove effective with cockroach infestation. If you still can’t get rid of the roaches, then it might be best to get professional help. Pest control can take care of the problem in a fast and efficient manner. Call The Exterminators: 647-496-2211