Click "Play" to Listed the Article
Have you ever walked into your kitchen in the middle of the night to grab a drink or something to eat? When flipping on the light, did you see a roach or a cluster of cockroaches on your floors or counter scattering for cover? If so, you are not alone. Cockroaches commonly invade homes throughout Canada in search of food and water.
There is no better resource for food and water than humans. Roaches can find enough food and water by invading the homes and businesses of humans. Your kitchen happens to be a delightful invitation for a roach, even if you practice daily house cleaning. Fortunately, you can easily rid your kitchen of cockroaches.
Methods of Removal and Exclusion
No matter how much you clean, it is not uncommon to occasionally leave a dirty plate, bowl, or cup in the sink, even if only for a short while. It is also not uncommon for a stray crumb to hit the floor. Such seemingly innocent actions will quickly capture the attention of a resourceful roach.
The following methods of removal and exclusion can assist you in removing cockroaches from your kitchen effectively:
- Wash dishes immediately: Make it a point to wash all of your dishes immediately. Do not let them sit even for a few moments in the sink. You should also dry them thoroughly and put them away. Moisture left on your clean dishes can attract cockroaches in search of a source of water.
- Clean up pet food bowls: If you have pets in your home, specify a certain time of the day that you feed your animals. As soon as they finish, remove the pet bowls from the floor, empty any remaining food and water, and wash and dry the bowls immediately.
- Place food in containers: Place any open packages of food you have in sealed containers. Roaches love sweets so an open package of cookies is like holding a sign that says, “cockroaches welcome here.”
- Clean all surfaces: As soon as you finish preparing food and eating, make sure you wipe down all surfaces to remove possible foods, liquids, and grease. You should clean your counters, your stove, and even the inside of your microwave.
- Sweep and vacuum: Make sure you sweep and vacuum your floors every single day to remove any possible stray crumbs that fall to the floor. Even the smallest crumb is a meal for a roach.
- Dry up moisture: Make sure you wipe out your kitchen sink after you use it. Any remaining moisture in the sink will provide cockroaches with much-needed water. Also, make sure you do not have any moisture under your sink from possible leaks. If you have a leak, repair it immediately.
While all of the advice given above will help, there is one surefire way to remove cockroaches from your kitchen. Contact a pest control Toronto professional at the first sign of a roach problem. An expert can come to your home and provide you with an effective form of roach control. Professionals can stop cockroaches in their tracks and remove the population from your home and kitchen fast.