Click "Play" to Listed the Article
Although bed bugs do not typically transmit diseases to humans like most house-hold pests do, they are still a nuisance. These bugs in your bed often result in sleepless nights and insistent itching and scratching. These pests breed quickly so you need to take steps like call bed bug control services as soon as you are aware of their presence.
How to Get Rid of Bed Bugs
The prospect of saving money with DIY extermination may sound appealing but this is almost always a bad idea for the following reasons;
Bed bugs have a hardy exoskeleton, flat backs and are small in size. These features offer the pest unlimited potential hiding places in your home. You can find bed bugs anywhere from under your wall paper to inside electrical switch plates in addition to the mattress and box spring. Successful extermination requires that you treat every single hiding place which is virtually impossible to do without a professional eye and intimate knowledge of the bugs behaviors and preferences.
These insects also breed quickly. One female can lay up to 500 eggs in her time. It only takes a few months for the hatched bugs to reach reproductive age. A small infestation can grow exponentially in a very short time.
An adult bed bug can last up to 5 months without food which makes them among the most resilient pests.
Finally, access to strong pesticides that actually kill bed bugs is restricted to licensed exterminators due to strict pesticide regulations. Most over-the-counter insecticides contain only a low concentration of active ingredients and are ineffective for treating bed bugs.
Only a professional exterminator in Toronto can guarantee permanent extermination. The professional starts with a thorough inspection of the house before deciding on the best insecticide and extermination method. He will also help to bed bug-proof your home so you don’t have to deal with an invasion in future.
How to Prevent Bed Bugs
If you do not already have bed bugs but are worried you might get an infestation you can prevent bed bugs from coming into your home by;
- Inspecting used furniture and books thoroughly before bringing them into your house
- Getting rid of clutter to minimize potential hiding places
- Installing a protective mattress cover designed specifically for guarding against bed bugs
- Inspect your pet’s sleeping area regularly for signs of bed bugs
- Be cautious about which hotels or motels you choose to spend the night
- Wash your beddings regularly and heat-dry. Heat exceeding 120 degrees Celsius kills bed bugs
- Vacuum regularly to catch any stray bed bugs that might have found their way in
- Be cautious about using shared laundry facilities. Put your clothes directly into a bag after drying because folding at the facility increases the chances of catching bed bugs
Be sure to ask for a warranty of at least six months if you hire an exterminator. Contact the Exterminators: 647-496-2211 to deal with bed bugs now. If you are interested in DIY methods please check our store for bed bug control products.